Thursday, August 29, 2013

Failure is Unimportant by Harry Calhoun


Editor's Note: Harry Calhoun passed away October 31, 2015. I didn't know about his passing until January of 2016 when a friend of his contacted me and told me the sad news. I decided to retire all of the chapbooks that Flutter Press published for him soon after because I didn't feel it was right to continue selling his chapbooks, even though he cherished each one of them. Harry was a delight to work with, always kind and upbeat with a great sense of humor. He will be missed.






In Failure is Unimportant, Harry Calhoun once again writes about courage and failure, life and death and the layers of what seem on the surface to be mundane daily occurrences. Reviewers have compared his work to that of Billy Collins and Raymond Carver, and reviewer Phebe Davidson has described his poetry as “deft and adroit, conversational and profound.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment